by Steffani LeFevour
Are you living your truth? Do you know your greatest gifts to the world? Have you ever really explored what lights you up inside? What would it be like to wake up every day feeling on fire, leaping out of bed ready to seize the day?
I’m here to tell you it’s possible, and I believe it’s our God-given right to pursue it.
I started exploring my purpose and my gifts when I was 30–late for some people and early for most. If you look at the statistics less than 10% of people in the United States feel like they are living their purpose. When I embarked on my path, I wanted to know what my passion was, what my gifts were and what my purpose is on this planet.
For me, my dharma wasn’t about saving someone else. It was about saving myself. The more I looked deeply into what I loved to do and made an effort to do it, the clearer my dharma became.
I now know what my dharma is. It is living a very happy healthy life and giving other people permission to do the same. My passion is to teach people that life is meant to be lived joyfully and to help them release the limiting beliefs that stop them. My gift is happiness. My purpose is fulfillment. I am living my dharma more fully than I ever thought possible. And I wish the same for you.
The following resources may help you on your path to discovering your purpose:
- Lifebook (mylifebook.com): a four-step life development system for goal-setting in 12 life-categories through in-person seminars or online course.
- The Hoffman Process (hoffmaninstitute.org): a week- long retreat in California or Connecticut that helps identify negative behaviors and and ways of thinking from childhood
- The Landmark Forum (landmarkworldwide.com): a three-day program designed to bring about positive, permanent shifts in the quality of your life
- The Institute for Self-Actualization (isaexperience. com): a weekend retreat designed to expand who you are as a person, in order for you to achieve the results you want in your life.
- Transcendental Meditation (tm.org): offers certified teachers for a form of meditation that provides relaxation, stress reduction and self-development.
- Awesomeness Fest (awesomenessfest.com): a twice- annual, invite-only (through application) event of change-makers and visionaries who want to impact the world; next one is October 2015 in Costa Rica
- Celebrate Your Life (mishkaproductions.com): Chicago (Lombard) conference on June 12-15 featuring 30+ workshops with top spiritual teachers
- Al Diaz Life Purpose Discovery (mylifepurposeandgift. com): certified guides in the “Life Purpose Discovery” method available via phone and email.
- Passion Test Facilitator (thepassiontest.com/ passion-plan): course includes video lessons and workbook with exercises
- Vision boards: create an inspirational collage of your ideal life using magazine images and words
- What makes me happy list
- Surrounding yourself with happy, fulfilled people
- Book clubs
- Meditation classes
- Learn a new skill by taking classes, such as cooking, photography, art, etc.
- Informational interviews with people who seem to be passionate and love what they do
- “Billy Elliot” (2000) This is the story of a young Irish boy who pursued his dream of becoming a dancer in spite of his family’s resistance.
- “The 100 Foot Journey” (2014) A family-trained chef receives the highest recognition for his talent and passion for food.
- “Whiplash” (2014) A driven young jazz musician proves his worth in the eyes of a strict teacher.
- “Ratatouille” (2007) Against the odds, a rodent follows his dreams of cooking in a Parisian kitchen, helping a struggling young chef and a once-great restaurant in the process.
- Why Am I Here by Martin Formato
- Wishes Fulfilled by Wayne Dyer
- Loving What Is by Byron Katie
- The Four Desires by Rod Stryker
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
- Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
- The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte
- The Passion Test by Janet Bray Attwood and Chris Attwood
- Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins
- The Call by David Spangler
- Take Time for Your Life by Cheryl Richardson
- Now, Discover your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham & Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D.
- Live the Life you Love: In Ten Easy Step-by-Step Lessons by Barbara Sher
- The Call: Discovering Why You Are Here by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
- Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life by Gregg Levoy
- The Diamond Cutter: The Buddha on Managing Your Business and Your Life by Geshe Michael Roach and Lama Christie McNally