illumine Brand Ambassador/Ad Sales
We are spreading the illumine lifestyle and are looking for inspirational brand advocates. If you are an influencer in the health, wellness, and beauty space who naturally can’t shut up about your favorite fitness class, spa treatment, chiropractor, restaurant, blow out bar, etc., we want to talk to you. We are looking for your passion, and your sales skills.
What is illumine?
Created by Lourdes Paredes’s love and passion for sharing an illumined life, illumine is a beautifully inspiring media platform that speaks to a community of thousands of people committed to living an illumine-d life. As a hub for action-oriented motivation and heart-felt celebrations, our readers and advertising partners share each other’s experiences. A visually engaging digital presence and quarterly print issues offers advertising opportunities in print, digital and social media, as well as events. It is associated with personally vetted advertisers, partners, writers and content. Our audience is men and women of any age who actively live a productive and engaged life, with a balanced focus on wellness, finance and career, beauty, emotion and mental health, personal growth, and community involvement. We are committed that all people have access to living anillumine-d life.
What we are looking for.
illumine magazine is accepting applications for extraordinary, upbeat, on-trend and self-motivated account executives to join our growing team. You will have the opportunity to call upon current and potential advertisers on behalf ofillumine. This position is commission-only, with great potential for rockstar high performers. This is an opportunity to be a part of a growing, well-respected startup team. You will have a great impact in the lives of the thousands of people in our community and the opportunity to experience first-hand the products and services our readers crave.
Are you a fit for the illumine team?
Ideal candidates representillumine’s values: live a balanced and healthy lifestyle, engage with their community, and pursue opportunities for growth and to influence lives in a positive way. Client interaction experience, organization, and discipline is a must. CRM/Excel knowledge is a plus, but not required. Daily collaboration (updating via email or CRM) with the illumine publisher requires strong teamwork and communication skills, and the candidate must take direction well. Weekly and monthly sales goals are a constant focus.
- Increase ad revenue through sales for growth and promotion of illumine as a trusted brand and valuable resource
- Network and source new clients through independent efforts as well as suggested targets
- Create engaging client proposals and pitches
- Follow up and communicate with potential advertisers, illumine design and production team
- Close sales and provide advertisers with options that best fit their size and needs to optimally impact theillumine audience
- Service on-going accounts, obtaining ad art work (print and digital) as well as any other collateral by relevant deadlines,
- Attend bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings with the publisher, design and production team
- Passion for and an understanding of illumine and a passion for life!
- Understanding of illumine audience, content, and lifestyle/needs is essential
- Self-motivated, creative, persistent, and optimistic
- Kindness, curiosity for self-awareness & wellness, a sense of humor, and a positive attitude
- Stellar communication and presentation skills
- The willingness to be coached and the desire to grow both personally and professionally
- Knowledge of the local community, small business and national brands that are in-line with illumine audience
- Must be familiar with Google Drive and possess strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Experience with or willingness to learn CRM or similar organizational sales software
- Professional attitude and appearance
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Sales experience preferred but not required
- A passion for a healthy lifestyle
- The gift of gab and a love for people
What will I be doing?
Your week might consist of taking a class, receiving a service (massage, meditation, brow, blowout, financial consultation, etc.), networking, or interviewing potential advertising clients all in service of expanding the network of readers and service providers creating the illumine lifestyle. You will be calling upon potential advertisers, and discussing results directly with the creator of illumine, Lourdes Paredes. Success looks like you submitting multiple proposals for advertising space to the providers of choice, and closing deals. We are very selective about who is in our publications. So, your opinion of who fits and who doesn’t is important. Consistent communication with Lourdes and with our clients will be crucial.
How will I be Compensated?
illumine wishes to compensate you both monetarily and experientially contributing to your financial and personal wellbeing.
Compensation and benefits includes:
- Significant commission of all sales closed by the rep, based on size of ad and length of contract, paid per quarter based on ads displaying that quarter, and a reoccurring commission on renewing clients.
- Reimbursement for classes/services up to $100/month or Class Pass membership.
- Access to the best services in theillumine network. We want you to recommend potential advertisers based on your personal experience of them and their services.
- Be a part of a culture that values health, wellness, and personal & professional growth
- Working directly with the creator of theillumine lifestyle publication. You will be an extension of her passion.
- Flexible schedule (part-time: 10-15 hours/ week, work from home, or up to full-time).
How do I apply?
If you are someone already living or are interested in living the illumine life, and want to be a part of the team submit a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org