As we finish up 2018, let’s look at adventure in our life. It is one of the areas of the Wheel of Life to consider as we are ending our year strong.
Here are some ideas and questions for reflection on Adventure in your life:
First, Rate yourself (1-10) in the area of ADVENTURE:
1 means you’re competing with your houseplant for the sun-spot in your house
10 means you are a guest on a personal growth and travel podcast as an “adventure expert”
- What does adventure mean to you: is it the miles you travel? The people you are with? Experiencing something new?
- How do you define adventure?
- Who (a bestie or buddy, colleague, social friend, or your romantic partner) has similar kinds of ideas around adventure with whom you can share an adventure? Are you willing to go by yourself and/or meet new friends when pursuing this adventure?
- Urban or rural? At sea or up to the mountains? Luxury or budget?
- Do you love learning something new? Is it a topic (e.g. cooking) or a way of learning (anything hands-on)?
- Do you make and take time to explore what is new and different?
- How do you take your hobbies to the next level?
- What do you read?
- Where do you find articles and magazines that share adventures of other people?
- Do you think that spending money on experiences is frivolous?
- Would you feel guilty if you left your job and/or family to go on a trip, adventure, conference to learn something you are interested in?
Create some possibilities:
- Commit to a set frequency for holidays and/or adventure trips, e.g. yearly, quarterly, monthly
- Gamify your adventure: e.g., visit all 7 blue zones in the world, run 5 marathons in different cities, get 10 stamps in passport before it expires.
- Think about people who have had what you consider amazing adventures. What did they do? Where did they go? Alone or with others?
- What adventurous things have you ALWAYS wanted to do?
- What kind of adventures would make your soul sing?
Capture these thoughts:
- Choose one photo that captures the feeling of adventure of ryou
- Choose one quote that captures this feeling
I am inspired by The Code of the Extraordinary Mind by Vishen Lakhiani. It’s a great book for upleveling thinking and living on this area of Adventure. It’s one of my favorite books. If it’s yours too, I’d love to know. And if you get it and read it and want to discuss, these topics are some of my favorite things to talk about!