Please save THIS DATE Thursday, August 25, 6-8:30pm to celebrate summer with ILLUMINE, generously hosted by A Tavola, one of Chicago’s most romantic and delicious Italian restaurants and beautiful outdoor spaces.(sorry for confusion with previous email, wrong date!) Please click here for the invitation.
In the article most commented on in the Spring/Summer issue, Katrina Calihan, a positive psychology expert, shares some tips on making any vacation memorable, which may have you planning and packing for the next one. Even if you’ve already taken your vacation this year or are choosing a stay-cation, apply her method to find full enjoyment in the summer weather and outdoor activities:
- Create a “peak” experience or experiences! Make a bucket list for these last weeks of summer.
- Save something “amazing and memorable” for those still so warm September days, enjoy the sun and wind kissing your skin as you do your favorite outdoor activity with loved ones who make you laugh and feel alive.
- Check out SoulLoveFest, a celebration and opportunity to learn and fuel your soulful journey, on September 17-18 in Naperville. The lineup of speakers and presenters is A-MAZ-ING, including MC Yogi! Use code: illumine20 for discount.
- Live like a rockstar! Stay at a Bangtel Property, short and long term rentals designed and managed to make you feel like a celebrity.They have properties in Chicago, NYC, & Miami. Go to Bangtel.com, choose a property and you will be directed to airbnb’s site.
Read the rest of Katrina’s article here for ideas to plan your next vacation to remember.
Other highlights from the Spring/Summer issue include:
- A review of Kate Hudson’s “Pretty Happy” by Monica Yearwood. Ms. Hudson shares the basics and benefits of Ayurveda in this engaging lifestyle book.
- Chicago’s very own chanteuse and Kirtan mama, Debi Buzil, sheds some light on living pratyahara in Sutra in the City.
- “Chasing Amazing” is Tracy Bleier’s latest Musings from the Mat. Catch her classes at Zen Yoga Garage in Bucktown.
Who is ILLUMINED? check out our #sheisillumined page. This issue we feature Emmy Rigali, a Chicago fitness and wellness leader and owner of GO Cycle. We highlight what makes her shine.
We would love to hear who is illumined in your life! Post on Instagram using #sheisillumined or #heisillumined and include 1-2 sentences about how and why this person shines.
We’re looking forward to celebrating with you on August 25 at the amazing A Tavola Italian Restaurant. Dan Bocik, chef, owner and my friend, is generously collaborating to host this event. You won’t want to miss this!
Founder, Publisher, Producer